Periodontal Disease Self-Assessment Questionaire
Use the following questions to see if you may have some of the signs and symptoms indicative of progressive periodontal disease:
- Do your gums bleed when you floss or brush your teeth?
- Are your gums red, tender or swollen?
- Is pus visible when you press on your gums?
- Do your teeth appear to be getting longer?
- Is your gum line uneven when you smile?
- Are the roots of your teeth exposed and sensitive to hot or cold?
- Can you wiggle one or more of your teeth with your tongue or fingers?
- Are there spaces between your teeth where there were none before?
- Has there been a change in how you bite?
- Has there been a change in how your partial denture(s) fit(s)?
- Do you have bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth?
- Is your mouth often dry or burning?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you may have some form of gum disease.
Call us today for a complete evaluation. Early detection and treatment are key, and you owe it to yourself to keep your healthy smile!